A Writer's Notebook, Day Six-Hundred-And-Nine

Some days, when things are particularly difficult in my personal life, I find it can be hard to get myself writing.  I feel conflicted about the work, in some ways, at those times, I think, in that it can be so hard to find a way to express the particular qualities of a strong emotion, which is a challenge worthy of the work, but one that often feels impossible when trapped within the experience of those kinds of strong emotion.  As well, I often want to write to escape those feelings, but cannot do that either.  In the end, I do what I did tonight, and allow my sense of obligation to force me to keep at it until I succeed, even if that requires w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three