A Writer's Notebook, Day Five-Hundred--And-Ninety-Two

I am not certain if writing serves to release the built up emotions and responses to the world that imbue them of late, or if they become a crucible to distill them or perhaps, even, a lightening rod, prodding me to attract more.  It is not really a question I can truly answer, and I think what is more significant is whether the work is a transformation of those ingredients.  My focus remains centered on doing the work, and I try to allow it to evolve naturally, but that is only because I believe that just the act of pursuing my writing will force me to develop, to deepen my understanding of what is in my work, that the act of writing, and in particular writing poetry, is itself transformative, despite the intent I may bring to a specific piece.  Even if I am only writing to release something, what results will not be what I intended, will bring more to the original impetus than I expected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three