A Writer's Notebook, Day Five-Hundred--And-Ninety

Most mornings of late, I have gotten to work almost straight out of bed.  This is not merely a matter of habit, but also gives me access to a different part of my mind.  Being so close to sleep, my mind is often freer in some way, as if I still have access to the reservoisnof my dreaming mind.  What signals true, though, is that, if I am distracted or otherwise neglect that work, as I did this morning, it often leaves my thoughts entirely through most of the day.  Today, it was not until this evening that I got to work.  I did make up for the unwritten poems, but I know it is important I get the work done when I wake up tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three