A Writer's Notebook, Day Five-Hundred--And-Eighty-Eight

I am beginning to consider more specifically the question of how to view the current crisis through a lens of myth.  That may not entirely capture what I am intending to communicate, but to me, myth is a universal tool, a way of seeing the events in a metaphorical context, creating different opportunities for understanding.  In part, it is an effort to give meaning, not in the sense of making meaning out of this, but in terms of contextualizing it for myself.  I do have, at this point, an idea for what I am considering, but I am not yet certain about it.  I think there is a level at which I am not entirely comfortable yet with some aspect of this.  It is so fresh and raw, and I do not want to push myself back from the reality by crafting an artifact around it.  That is a danger, though it is the opposite of my actual intent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three