A Writer's Notebook, Day Five-Hundred--And-Ninety-Five

I am writing sixteen poems a day now, which is mainly just a way of forcing myself to do enough work daily that I will probably write something of merit.  So much of this work is just keeping forward motion, which is not always easy, and especially not so now, when despair seems so easy.  It is far simpler to be driven to write more by the habit of it, instead of choosing to do the work each day, if I am honest.  But, doing 4he work itself still feels significant, even if I only begin because I feel obligated by the fact that I have been doing this work daily for so long and do not want to betray that effort.  Once I have begun, it is different.  I do the work out of habit and a sense of continuing what I am committed to, but doing the work becomes something that helps sustain me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three