A Writer's Notebook, Day Five-Hundred-And-Thirty-Seven

I have spent the last few nights doing my work, without having been able to get much done in the morning.  Some days, this has been a matter of having the time, as I've had some early mornings, but often it is purely a mental block.  Still, that I am getting the work done matters more, even if not in my ideal manner.  I am writing each day, am putting out a great amount of work (ten poems a day minimum of late, and I am hoping that will rise again soon), and I do wonder, at times, why I should feel the need to shift back to my old patterns.  I wonder if I would be better off saying to myself that I am obligated only to one writing session a day, but encourage two of them as an option.  Why do I feel compelled, though, to see this as turning in the wrong direction?  It may only be a fear that I could slip backwards towards not writing daily, but I haven't found that to be a real problem.  I tend to think there are other reasons, even if I am not aware of them in specific, that are compelling me, and, if nothing else, I do think that two sessions a day would give not only more poems, but also more time practicing and working on my craft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

Part Three Is Coming