Poem: Changing World

Changing World

There was a time when I could
have understood it, though
it is not my way, but
to go hunting now,
killing nature
for the sport of it
in an era when the world
is pained by all our kind
have done already, I do
not understand it.  This
is besides any
inability I have
to appreciate the desire
to see an animals
life end, to know
it was you who
inflicted that.
That, at least, I can
understand: perhaps
it is the only way
you can see to be
certain you have
laid your hands
upon the world,
changed it
permanently
by your actions,
leaving a mark
none can erase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three