A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred-And-Forty

I am going to keep this short, as I am rather exhausted, but, beyond my regular work, I started on my new play.  It is actually, at least in part, building off an idea from a poem, as that seemed a good starting point.  As I have said, often it is that starting point that is most difficult for me, but once I am going, it becomes much easier.  The poem is about a girl who falls into a hole and her parents leave her there so she can climb out herself, because they do not want to spoiler her by helping too much.  The play, clearly, will have more to it than this, but it felt like a good place to start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three