A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred-And-Fifty-Three

Though I am keeping up with my work. with my phone, it is rather laborious for me, and I am finding it is making me quite a bit slower with my writing.  As well, I find certain aspects of writing on the phone really irritating.   In particular, I can't stand autocomplete.  When I am composing, I want to type each letter myself, not only because I value that sense of complete connection to the work, but also because I often find my mind discovers the right word as I am typing.  I might think of one word but realize that another similar sounding word fits better.  I may write a syllable and decide that is the right syllable but not the right word.  I have to train.myself to not look at the suggested words, as I don't want to be influenced.  As well, I have rather large hands for thumb typing, so I am often making errors, and punctuation is not intuitive, and on and on.  It is not an easy way to work for me, but I am foing what I must to keep up with my writing.  I don't have control over a lot of things, even, it seems, the choice of writing device, let alone what comes of the work I am creating, but sticking to the work is one thing I do control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three