A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred-And-Fifty-Two

It has been a long day and I am exhausted.  I did not get much work done until tonight.  Melissa has not been feeling well, so I was taking care of her, and I want to let her rest,  so I have been out in the hotel lobby or outside in the cold (even this late the lobby seems to be intermittently busy), doing my writing.  It is not always easy to keep to the commitment, and tonight I am just beat, but still, I know how I will feel.about the work I have done tomorrow.  It is not just keeping busy, I am certain that at least some of this work has real value.  The point of the practice is in doing it, but doing it is also a way to build something more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three