Poem: Between Us

Between Us

It would be nice to make
it clear to you, to explain
the way I feel, what you
have done, what I have
done too.  Too often I
say this and you are
hurt, I see it as much
as I feel the pain
of what you have said
too.  I admit I am not
the good one, not
a victim only, but
have a part to play
here.  Yet, when I
try to speak, my words
do not express what
I mean to you, they
mean what you
want them to,
not what I intend.
Do your words
mean to me
what you would
say?  I do not
know: is this
the chasm between
us?  How can we
speak so it is not
noise but communication?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now