A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred-And-Sixteen

I did indeed make it to seven poems today.  It feels like a positive change.  As mentioned, I've not had much of an issue keeping up with my work, in terms of the volume.  Now, that may be in part a response to the stress I have been facing in other areas.  For one thing, that stress provides fuel many times.  Though griping and expressing frustration is not always a great tactic, it does seem to keep the muse wealthy in potential fodder.  As well, it is a good way to reconsider, vent, or otherwise mentally engage with an issue, and can be healthy in that regard.  Beyond all of that, though, I think the fact that I have been committed to the work but had so much else going on just put me into a sort of automatic response where I just kept going without allowing for any kind of issue to arise, as I was dealing with too many other things to allow such issues in my writing.   Now, though, I am at the other end of that, and so I am pushing myself.  If I have a problem, it is often just another step on the journey.  Learning from obstacles and other challenges of this sort is often a necessary step, and will generally include some form of discomfort from the lack of familiarity with some of the new concepts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Sixty-Eight