Ulysses Update: A Turn For The Worse...

This morning, I received word that Ulysses had vomited at some point during the night or in the early morning.  The attendant I spoke with, a receptionist I believe, was not able to clarify whether this was a serious issue or not, but assured me a doctor would call in the afternoon with more information.  When I did speak with the doctor, it seemed rather reassuring.  It was not a major deal that he had vomited, considering all things, and he seemed well in general.  They were going to keep him another night, but it was a matter of getting him to tolerate food a bit better, nothing too concerning.

Of course, in these kinds of situations, things change often, and I received a second call a few minutes ago that brought rather bad news.  It seems that Ulysses vomited once more and this time it was clear he was actually spewing up bile and not just rejecting his food.  As well, he aspirated into his lungs and an x-ray confirmed he has pneumonia.  At present, they are attempting to stabilize him by providing oxygen and various medicines, as well as attempting to do something to remove the fluid that is in his stomach.  I am waiting to hear back from the doctor, I do not know what else to do but wait and hope...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over