A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-Eight

While he is not yet recovered from his ordeal, Ulysses seems to be doing quite well.  Melissa and I spent some time visiting with him today, and he seemed to calm down, eventually, and just sit with us.  He was, in many ways, demonstrating his usual behavior, but was clearly still a bit out of it from his experiences and the medications for pain he is on.  However, they have said that he may be able to come home tomorrow.  I am quite glad for this, and of course am overjoyed at his general recovery, but I am still quite concerned about preventing another similar emergency.  If anyone knows of any treatments or prevention techniques for hairballs in cats, beyond the general (laxatone, linatone, etc,). please share your insights.  As it is, we may need to shave him, though that is not a definite solution either.  We are still waiting on some test results, so it is possible we will have a real solution soon.  It is wonderful that we are getting him home again, and I am attempting to focus on that and dealing with the current set of issues, though it is necessary to consider longer term questions.

I want to apologize to those who are turned off by my departure from the usual subjects to discuss my cat's health issues, but they loom large at the moment.  I would like to return to the usual topics, and intend to, probably tomorrow, and will probably put a cat update out in a separate post.  Anyhow, I do want to return to discussing writing, as I have thoughts that I am working through, and writing is one of the best ways to get those things going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over