A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-Six

On occasion, I have mentioned my cat Ulysses.  As I have said in the past, he has had a number of medical issues, many of which have been neurological, but as well, he has had a few other problems. Specifically, a year and a half ago he underwent surgery to remove a hairball that was blocking his intestines.  A few days ago, Ulysses started to show symptoms similar to those he'd had when he had that surgery, and eventual it was determined that he, again, needed to have a blockage removed. 

The surgery went well, for the most part.  They did need to remove part of his intestine, as it had damage that couldn't be repaired, but they believe that will not be a long term issue.  Still, at this point, he is in recovery, and while it is going well, we have to wait to see just what happens.  I have hope, as I've been in this place with Ulysses many times already, though he is only a few years old.  In the first several months of his life, we had a long period during which he was having very severe seizures regularly, and we were told many times he might die.  I know Ulysses has a lot of determination and a spirit that has recovered from what we were told would likely kill him.  I believe in that, because, if I am honest, I am afraid and I am glad for the hope it brings me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over