A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-One

As predicted, tonight I am at last in a conducive working environment, and have, once more, my keyboard setup, which may seem a small thing to some, but is of great significance to me, as those who have read this blog for a long while already know.  As well, I am beginning to find myself thinking about the work I am doing in deeper ways.  While I am still fairly low on energy tonight, so I am expecting this will remain a shorter entry, I am also feeling much more connected to the work than I have in a long while, as I have spoken of in recent entries.  This restoration brings with it a sense, as well, that I want to look more closely at some of the questions that I had been moving towards answering about certain aspects of my recent poems.

For one thing, I am still attempting to explain the idea of leaving the content vague, as I am finding myself doing so often lately, in ways that I think have been very effective.  It is not that the poems are not specific, as they are using fairly subtle aspects of the language to, in the best cases, create an emotional resonance.  I am still not entirely certain how best to discuss these ideas, or how to describe this work, really, but I am glad to be thinking on the question again, not only because it is an aspect of writing I am very interested in exploring both through my work and explicitly, but also because the interest itself marks a return, a renewal of curiosity. I knew, or at least hoped, this would be coming, that the issues I was facing were circumstantial, but it is still really wonderful to find that to be the truth.

I think it is probably natural that any creative person will always have a sense of worry, on some level, that they may lose that spark, or that some aspect of the work will become permanently marred or warped.  Facing circumstances that alter the conditions of creation in adverse ways can easily bring such feelings up, at least for me, and the last few weeks have been rather trying, personally.  Knowing that I was keeping myself going through this, as far as my creative output goes, was one thing, but I was not always certain I would find my way back out, but tonight, it is clear that I am at the other end of this, at least creatively, and that is extremely exciting to discover.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over