A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred

In normal times, I would likely be remarking upon the fact that today is my four hundredth entry, but with events of late, with Ulysses's death, I am not in much of a mood to recall those events.  I can say that I miss Ulysses, who disliked my typing, so did not sit with me while I wrote, but often hung about just outside my office.  I am not certain how to deal with the loss, and I am finding it a bit hard to be stuck, in large part, writing poems about his death in some way or another.  These poems have value, of course, and I am glad for an outlet that might help me with my current feelings, but I also know it would be good to do other work as well, and with the amount I am currently writing, it does not mean that I can't write more poems that are related to Ulysses, though I am certain cat poems are not the best thing much of the time, let alone dead cat poems. When you are a poet with a dead cat, you write dead cat poems...  At least, that seems how it is for me.  And not all of them, or even any of them, need to be published.  As well, I think, at least a few, already, are a bit abstracted so that the central issue isn't always obvious to a reader.  Anyhow, the point is I want to be doing other kinds of work as well, and I believe that will be a positive things for me in the days to come.  Meanwhile, keeping through with my work at this point has been a challenge, but it is certainly one that I am glad to have met.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over