A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Fifty-Three

One aspect of increasing my writing output that I don't think I touched on yesterday, but which I am noticing, is the boost it gives me in terms of my own sense of accomplishment.  As stated before, I know it is a minor change, really, but I do feel enthused each day as I accomplish the task of composing five new poems.  I find it surprising, honestly, that I still feel that way at this point.  I mean, I have been increasing output regularly this year, and adding another poem becomes less and less significant, as I do so.  Yet, somehow, the feeling of accomplishment at the shift when I have done so is always somehow there and invigorating.

I do think that I will need to discover other ways of making those shifts, if I am realistic.  I mean, I am currently writing five poems each day, and I can see myself increasing that, but at some point, it is bound to be unreasonable, if only in terms of a time commitment.  I am still living my life, and I don't need to write all day long, I don't even think that would be beneficial.  But, it is incredibly helpful, when I am in a rut, to be able to push myself and get this boost.

Of course, if I am realistic I know that their are other ways to push myself than just writing more, it is only a question of finding things that bring out that same response.  I don't know, if I am honest, what those are yet, but I am sure I will figure it out. In the meantime, I am very glad to be where I am, and I feel very strongly that increasing my output this week was the right decision/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over