A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Nine

While I am still adjusting to the new qualities of my work, I am also aware that I may be at the point where I should start pushing myself further, in some way.  I think it may be that I want to start writing an additional poem each evening, starting at some point in the next week.  Tonight, I actually did wind up writing an extra poem, and I felt it came out fairly well.  Often, I have found that adding another poem is a way to push myself, creating a challenge that can help  jump-start my creativity in the end.  This is often not a direct process.  I may bang my head at times, but in the end, pushing myself to write more creates a pressure that results in creative growth.  

I feel that I have been in producing work for a while that feels fairly consistent in some ways, though perhaps different than what I had been doing before, and a disruption can often be a good catalyst for positive change.  I have to consider it, but I am sure that the mere fact that I am considering it now will mean that I am going to make the shift towards five poems sometime fairly soon.

Going to keep this entry short.  It's been a long day, and I am expecting a call from my fiance who is still out of town at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over