A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Nine

While I am still adjusting to the new qualities of my work, I am also aware that I may be at the point where I should start pushing myself further, in some way.  I think it may be that I want to start writing an additional poem each evening, starting at some point in the next week.  Tonight, I actually did wind up writing an extra poem, and I felt it came out fairly well.  Often, I have found that adding another poem is a way to push myself, creating a challenge that can help  jump-start my creativity in the end.  This is often not a direct process.  I may bang my head at times, but in the end, pushing myself to write more creates a pressure that results in creative growth.  

I feel that I have been in producing work for a while that feels fairly consistent in some ways, though perhaps different than what I had been doing before, and a disruption can often be a good catalyst for positive change.  I have to consider it, but I am sure that the mere fact that I am considering it now will mean that I am going to make the shift towards five poems sometime fairly soon.

Going to keep this entry short.  It's been a long day, and I am expecting a call from my fiance who is still out of town at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)