A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

So, I am in the midst of a great deal of craziness right now.  I am in the process of moving to a new home, and we were supposed to close the contract tomorrow, but it has been delayed due to the threat of a hurricane this weekend, and so my mother, who just arrived in town a few days ago, panicked and decided to fly out of town.  Of course, she did not ask me or Melissa if we were interested in evacuating, which is really rather hurtful, if I am honest.  Indeed, she was actually mad that we said that we did not want to use the gas in our car to drive her to the airport under the circumstances...

Anyhow, that is not really my point. In the midst of all this, we are still working at getting packed up, trying to be ready whatever comes.  On one hand, it may be that the storm is not a major thing in this area, and we need to be ready to go based on our original schedule, or it may be that we are hit hard and have to recover from that, but we will still need to be ready to go, as our lease expires in any case.

Considering all of this, it might be understandable to say that I am taking a break from this blog for a few days, or that I plan to put my writing on hold to get through this.  Things are likely to get hectic at some point, even if the storm is a non-event.  Hurricanes are stressful at the best of times, even when not dealing with a move, so adding work to that, well, not necessarily the smartest thing.

On the other hand, I don't want to slow or lose my momentum right now.  I can't really be certain I will be able to get online, of course, so it may be that I miss posts here, but I do not want to stop my forward momentum generally with my writing.  So, I am going to aim at keeping going.  If worse comes to worse and I get to a point where it becomes impractical or overwhelming because of the circumstances, well, that is fine, but I am hoping that I will be able to make it work.  If I don't post on here immediately, I will be back as soon as I can with an update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Poem: Already Over