A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Hundred-And-Sixty-One

I've had an incredibly productive day, writing on a number of different poems, while also working on the craft essay.  In addition to that, I did some other work that I needed to get into.  Tomorrow is also my meeting with the agent, in order to discuss my most recent draft of the query letter.  If I get a positive response, I'll be close to sending out.  I may need to do a bit more work in order to prepare some additional support materials, and a bit more to personalize the letters.

I do want to talk a moment about the fact that this week was an incredibly energizing experience.  It is not only the workshop, though that was truly incredible, but the entirety of the experience.  I found many of the readings and talks to be inspiring, and the other poets that I interacted with were very generous.  This includes both faculty and participants.  It truly turned the switch back on, and I am trying to keep up at this point.

I'm sure that this is going to be a very productive period for me, and I am hoping that it will be something that continues for a lot longer.  I am really excited about many of the ideas that I am exploring, things that I hadn't considered and ways of thinking that are taking me to new places in my work.  I am looking at the kinds of poems I have written, and what I want to be writing, and am considering some ideas that hadn't ever come to me before.

Some of these ideas revolve around my attempts to discuss my dyslexia.  I think that I am onto a way of thinking about putting the ideas on the page that will be very different than what I had ever considered, and am really inspired to begin to work on that.  I don't know entirely how this will go, and certain aspects of it are still things that I think I need to think though on several different levels.

I think there is also other work I need to consider in conceptualizing what I am considering, and I need to probably need to learn a lot more as well.  It is a fairly large project, if I am honest, but one that I am very excited about, or at least it could be, but I am going to start out just by considering certain ideas.

I think I am going to wrap this up, but I plan to do a bit more work on here in the morning, as I have a few thoughts that I think would be worth getting down in writing.  That's often the best way to work out the thoughts, at least for me, and I am considering a lot of things these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-Nine

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three