I am feeling pretty wiped right now, so I am just going to keep this short, I think. I told myself that it was better if I allowed myself to just check in on occasion, that it would keep me from just skipping out on writing my blog altogether, so I suppose this is a positive step for me right now, even if it feels a bit like I am cheating or something.
I want to apologize for the lateness of my post today. Last night, I was out of town and only arrived home this afternoon. It being a quick trip,. I decided not to bring a computer and to do my work when I arrived home, so I will be reading the next chapter and writing today's post shortly. While I am on here, though, I wanted to return, momentarily to questions I raised earlier. One issue that I hadn't mentioned, although it is something that I have wrestled with previously, concerning the personal, is that I am not entirely comfortable speaking about third parties that I personally know in the context of written work. This is largely because those people are not present as I am communicating, and they have not given any actual permission for me to discuss them. That having been said, I do feel a bit of leeway about telling things of myself. For example. I feel very strange about yesterday, as it was Friday the 13th and I had a number of un...
I've been thinking a lot about the exercises I want to present in my workshop and I have a pretty good idea for most of what I am planning to do, but I would like to add one more example to the syllabus. The general concept is to share different approaches, with focus on different aspects of poetry, and in order to do a more complete job of that, I feel like it would be important to add something that is more about the musicality of poetry. The issue is that I want it to be something that is approachable and not overly technical, but still more than just rhyming or consonance. As well, I am aware that I want to make this reasonable as a group exercise. I trust myself that I will come up with something, as I do often play in that space when I am writing, and I have some techniques and exercises in that direction, it is just figuring out the way to shape it into something with more concrete instructions.
Comments
Post a Comment