Part Three Is Coming

I want to apologize for the lateness of my post today.  Last night, I was out of town and only arrived home this afternoon.  It being a quick trip,. I decided not to bring a computer and to do my work when I arrived home, so I will be reading the next chapter and writing today's post shortly.

While I am on here, though, I wanted to return, momentarily to questions I raised earlier.  One issue that I hadn't mentioned, although it is something that I have wrestled with previously, concerning the personal, is that I am not entirely comfortable speaking about third parties that I personally know in the context of written work.  This is largely because those people are not present as I am communicating, and they have not given any actual permission for me to discuss them.  That having  been said, I do feel a bit of leeway about telling things of myself. 

For example. I feel very strange about yesterday, as it was Friday the 13th and I had a number of unfortunate or upsetting or otherwise unpleasant experiences.  While I won't gripe about them all, to offer some illustration of what I mean, my fiance' and I went for breakfast to one of a number of local places where we regularly eat, in fact this is one that has been around here since I was a child, and I recall going as a young boy with my grandparents, so it is a place that I have a strong fondness for.  This is, in fact, the first time I had an experience that was so bad that I have some pause in returning.  I ordered an omelette with american cheese and tomato.  A fairly simple thing, one would think, especially for a restaurant which specializes in breakfast, but it took nearly an hour and three seperate omelettes for them to get it right.  When I say that the order was wrong, I do not mean it was a badly prepared omelette, but it was quite literally the wrong omelette, containing bacon, mozzarella, mushrooms and a variety of other ingredients.   Both the first and second omelette were identical, and I did not eat any of either, nor did I really investigate beyond it being wrong.  They complemented our meal, which is at least something...  It is just a bit upsetting to me, as I do still hold a lot of memories for this particular place, despite a number of changes over the twenty or thirty years my family have gone there, so the disappointment has a weight to it, I suppose. 

Anyhow, the larger issue is that this and a few other things occurred yesterday that could be considered bad luck in one sense or another, and if one were superstitious about it, it was Friday the 13th.  Now, the thing is, I did not even register that myself, until other people pointed it out to me when I expressed that I had been having a somewhat trying day.  But I do find it amusing, I suppose.  I mean, if I am honest about it, a small part of me must wonder if there is something to that,  but I also know that I have bad days as does everybody.  It happens, and it is part of life.  This time it happened on a day when it is considered normal for bad luck to strike. 

Anyhow, I am going to post this for the moment, but I will be back later this evening when I have read the chapter and am ready to do today's prescribed assignment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Seventy-One