A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Forty-One

I have an idea in mind for a story.  At the moment it is a general premise, and it isn't all that unique, overall, but I think I have an idea for what I want to do with it that puts a spin on it.  It is a bit odd, though, in a way that I can imagine some people being put off by, but I think that aspect is also essential to what will make it work in the way that I am hoping it will.  The real trick is going to be in making certain that it is not purely a single joke, but that there is more to it which redeems those aspects of the story in a way that feels more sincere.  I am not certain how easily I can explain any of it without giving away too much, but thinking it through has certainly helped me to understand where I am going with this in a way that I didn't when I started my blog for tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)