Poem: I Was Incorrect about Her Plans

I Was Incorrect about Her Plans

and when it will be
that she is coming,
but she is coming, at least.
It is sooner, though,
that is not a problem,
I do not think it will be,
but it is the truth of it
and I am not prepared,
not all the way prepared.
I suppose that is a lie,
or not a lie, but also
not the truth.  I am 
not prepared but
it is not the timing.
I am uncomfortable
but I know it is important
and it will be difficult,
it cannot be otherwise.
I am feeling the imbalance,
am feeling afraid, worried,
concerned for what is to come.
None of that would be different
if the schedule was the one 
I had assumed it to be,
and it would all be worse
if she had no plans to come at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Thirty-Seven