A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Sixteen
As I did yesterday, I posted a new poem here on the blog. In this case, it was actually a poem I had written a few weeks ago, but I had been thinking of posting it. First, it was inspired in part by the upcoming anniversary of the moon landing, so I thought it worth getting out there now, and second, I felt that it was a piece I was impatient to see in the world. I'm not sure why, but I just really felt an urgency about sharing this poem.
I do wonder if it is a bit of a mistake to put poems here, but I am hoping that the work will find an audience, even if it takes some time. It seems to me that the most important thing I can do is just to keep going. It is the same as with any of my other writing projects. While I do want more people to see my work, I am aware that I don't control or decide those outcomes. I can only do the best work I know how, and try to put it out there in the ways that I can. The rest is not up to me.
While the poem I posted was not new, I did write my four poems today. Still wrestling with the lack of inspiration, as I am thinking of it, but also still feeling quite positive about the developments in my work of late. I think the feeling of being a bit tired and low on creative energy is a natural part of the process. and it will pass, plus it is not keeping me from doing work that I am proud of, though it may not be exactly the work I am interested in getting back to.
Going to keep it short again today. Another late night, and I have company coming over tomorrow for the fourth. Lots of work to do to get ready, so I need to run. Hope those of you reading this in the US have a good day off tomorrow, and I hope to back to more expansive entries soon. In the meantime, I hope you will take the poem(s) as a bit of a bonus to make up for some of the shorter posts.
I do wonder if it is a bit of a mistake to put poems here, but I am hoping that the work will find an audience, even if it takes some time. It seems to me that the most important thing I can do is just to keep going. It is the same as with any of my other writing projects. While I do want more people to see my work, I am aware that I don't control or decide those outcomes. I can only do the best work I know how, and try to put it out there in the ways that I can. The rest is not up to me.
While the poem I posted was not new, I did write my four poems today. Still wrestling with the lack of inspiration, as I am thinking of it, but also still feeling quite positive about the developments in my work of late. I think the feeling of being a bit tired and low on creative energy is a natural part of the process. and it will pass, plus it is not keeping me from doing work that I am proud of, though it may not be exactly the work I am interested in getting back to.
Going to keep it short again today. Another late night, and I have company coming over tomorrow for the fourth. Lots of work to do to get ready, so I need to run. Hope those of you reading this in the US have a good day off tomorrow, and I hope to back to more expansive entries soon. In the meantime, I hope you will take the poem(s) as a bit of a bonus to make up for some of the shorter posts.
Comments
Post a Comment