Poem: Indulging a superstition

Indulging a superstition

I can think it is real,
think so enough to think
it is worth 
putting energy
into the effort,
because it is
a small effort,
and trust that,
even though
it is silly
and I know
it is silly,
and I am not
the kind of person
who is silly in that 
particular way,
but it is still
a small thing
and I can do it
if I wish.
I don't know
if there is any harm,
or think there is,
and it is just
me indulging
something to make
a way of believing,
maybe, to trust
in a possibility.
That seems 
worth doing
and even important,
I suppose,
even when
it requires
something
a tad absurd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)