Poem: If you want to know, I am still hungry

If you want to know, I am still hungry

which is not surprising, really,
or not strange, at least,
because I am big and do eat a lot,
but I am trying to pretend
I am not hungry, to convince myself
that I don't want anything else
because that would be for the best,
at least in terms of my diet,
and I hate admitting that
or following it or feeling trapped
and controlled and all of that.
Also, I am actually hungry
which is not something I enjoy.
I wonder if that is really
the bigger problem,
if I could only learn
to change that instead
and not feel hunger
the way that I seem to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)