Poem: I move forward but I don't get anywhere, yet

I move forward but I don't get anywhere, yet

because forward is only a direction
or a relative placement, maybe, is better
as a way to talk about what I mean,
or maybe it is best to just say
that nothing changed, there was motion
but not advancement, not
progress.  I don't think
I can be clear about it
because I did not understand
and am still trying
to unpack it all for myself,
but I thought it was movement,
and there was activity
and excitement and all that action,
but it ended with everything
meaning what it always meant.
There was nothing gained,
even the changes
change nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)