A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Forty

Melissa and I attended Rosh Hashanah services again this morning, but they only go until around noon, which I find a bit odd.  It is not as if there is very much else to do, in terms of commemorating the holiday, so it just kind of became an ordinary day afterwards.  We went for lunch and then just went back to our normal routine, more or less.  I am not sure if that is what I should do, but it is what happened.  Originally, we were planning to visit my cousin's family for the evening, but with Mom catching Covid, we decided to stay home instead.  I suppose that would have felt more like an occasion.  In the end, though, I think that Rosh Hashanah and, as well, Yom Kippur, are about reflection, about creating a space for that type of contemplation, and I believe that is something that I can carry with me over the next week or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer's Notebook, Day Two-Hundred-And-Fifty

A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-Fifty-Nine

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)