A Writer's Notebook, Two-Thousand-And-One-Hundred-And-Two

Tonight was the first night in a bit where it was a bit of a struggle to get a good grasp on what I wanted to do with my fiction for the evening.  I did find something, in the end, that I feel is interesting, if nothing else, and it was certainly in the direction of the work that I am most drawn towards, as it involves a sort of metafictional approach that I've been playing with and which feels as if it is going in a bit of a different direction than most of the work I encounter that plays in that space.  A lot of it is to do with a certain playfulness, as well as it being largely about my relationship as an author with the characters who inhabit the work.  I certainly feel like it is letting me play in a way that feels my own, whether or not it is something others would see it in a different way, and that is enough of reason to keep going in that direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now