I want to apologize for the lateness of my post today. Last night, I was out of town and only arrived home this afternoon. It being a quick trip,. I decided not to bring a computer and to do my work when I arrived home, so I will be reading the next chapter and writing today's post shortly. While I am on here, though, I wanted to return, momentarily to questions I raised earlier. One issue that I hadn't mentioned, although it is something that I have wrestled with previously, concerning the personal, is that I am not entirely comfortable speaking about third parties that I personally know in the context of written work. This is largely because those people are not present as I am communicating, and they have not given any actual permission for me to discuss them. That having been said, I do feel a bit of leeway about telling things of myself. For example. I feel very strange about yesterday, as it was Friday the 13th and I had a number of un...
Is He Gone, Now? Maybe he is just there, just where I can't see from here, around a corner or behind a car or anyplace so close but not observable from here. It would be nice to go, to get up and walk off, but if he is not gone, if he is there waiting? No, that is no good at all.
I spent much of today attempting to write, but I did not get all that far. I've continued work on the Bimble story, but the new story is proving difficult. It was not entirely a wasted day, though, as I came up with a number of new ideas that I think will make for good stories in the near future. It may be that I will work on one of those right now. I also have a fair bit of development in terms of one particular character that will figure somehow in all of this. Most of what I've been thinking about does interconnect and revolves around Florida, and I like having a sort of center around which to wind the ideas. The second workshop in the course at FAU was this evening, and it seemed fine. We didn't have any actual workshop to do this week, but I handed in the first chapter of my novel. Honestly, that only occurred because I didn't get the writing done that I had originally planned, but it's probably for the best anyhow. I think it might...
Comments
Post a Comment