A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Seventeen

In writing about Dracula and the vampire genre over-all's anti-Semitism, I also have found it important to research and discuss other aspects of the genre, in particular the queer elements that exist in these works.  I think it is integral for me to acknowledge in writing on this topic the legitimacy of claims that vampires are and have been queer, just as I believe it is also clear they have been Jewish, and I think this overlap cannot be understood as prioritizing one or the other side of the conundrum, if it is approached honestly.  One way I have been attempting to explore and discuss this is by considering various interlinks that already exist between anti-Semitic and homophobic and transphobic narratives.  This has required quite a bit of research into some very upsetting stuff, if I am honest.  I need to take a bit of time to process and think on how to present my thoughts coherently and with respect for the various perspectives invoked.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Thirty-Seven