A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Sixty-One

 Of course, I did not do my work this morning, as I had intended to, and I am now another night behind, with less time to do what must be done before my deadline.  I should work on it tonight, but, again, I feel it is too late, so I am trusting myself to do it tomorrow.  I suppose the pressure of the deadline may be helpful.  I certainly wish I had started sooner, but it is not always a matter of what I want: that pressure matters, even in terms of clarifying my ideas.  If I had known where to begin, I would have been writing last week, but the fact that I still had time made it feel reasonable to wait, and kept me from working hard on nailing down what I was going to do.  I had a few ideas, but none seemed quite right.  Maybe if I had worked one of those, I might be done already, but I didn't.  Now, I do have an idea, as I said last night, and I have to wonder if waiting for the deadline to be so close wasn't necessary in order to get my mind in gear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Thirty-Seven