A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-And-Forty-Six

 There are times when I get a glimpse of an idea for some piece of writing that seems exciting to me.  Often these are very esoteric ideas, technical challenges or conceptually complex structures.  It is often only a moment or so when  I have clarity about these things, or maybe I never have a clear sense of them, just an idea of a possibility.  In some cases, these things come clearer over time and I can put them to use.  I wish I could find a process that felt more systematic, more in my control, but that is, in the end,  fantasy.  I know that the kinds of creative leaps I am often seeking result from insights that cannot be predicted.  All I can do is create the right conditions and keep to the work, waiting for things to come together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now