A Writer's Notebook, Day Five-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three

It is quite late and I have had a rather long day, so I will be keeping this fairly short.  I have been getting more consistent with my writing.  At the moment, I am aiming at ten or so poems a day, but I am hoping that will jump back up soon.  It is funny, but sometimes I am writing and can just pull a new poem out of the air like nothing, other times it is harder to get started.  For example, this afternoon, I was writing and was in that zone, but then I received a phone call and when I returned to work was no longer in that state.  Tonight, though I did write my poems, I felt rather sluggish and had to force them out for the most part.  I wish I could understand what pushes me in which direction, though I would hesitate to choose to make it easy, as I think many times I write quite well when I am less inspired in that way.  As well, I am aware of how ironic it is for me to be complaining about sometimes being more inspired than others when I have the kind of writing output I do, but it is worth realizing that many of the poems I write come from pressing myself to work, not from an urgent and burning desire to put this or that idea on the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Seventy-One