A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred-And-Sixty-Eight

I am in my office for once.  I cannot be certain I will make it up each day, at the moment, but I am here right now, and I wrote all of my work on the computer tonight as well.  It is nice to be back on the computer, even with a different keyboard, but I am getting accustomed to the phone.  It is still not a great way for me to compose, but it does liberate me in some regards.  I am far slower writing on the phone, and it also requires many additional steps after writing, as I need to reformat each piece into a document on my computer, as I tend to just do them in one long email that I send to myself.  It is likely that I can find other solutions on the phone, if I want, but I am always worried about starting with a new system for things like this, especially now that I am able to do the work this way.  Transitioning to different interfaces is not a simple matter for me, so I am not going to mess with it right now.

I also wound up writing an extra poem tonight.  It was not entirely an accident, but it was not really planned out either.  I started work on a piece that I thought would be for the blog, but I realized it is something I want to hold back and keep working on, so I pulled it and wrote a different poem instead.  I had considered posting something else written today, but I thought this was a good solution and one that also helped me to propel my work forwards a bit more. I still want to see how far I can push myself, once I get back to writing on a more regular schedule, as I think I am now fairly capable of writing a lot more per a session, having spent so much time doing most of my work in a single sprint, lately.  At present, I am just glad to be able to say that I am back in my office, but I have to admit that I did not get to work at all until well after dark, so my schedule is still not back to normal at this point.  One step at a time.  Besides, even with my schedule amiss, I am still writing twelve poems a week and updating the blog.  Though I know it is important to regain the balance of doing work in the morning and the evening, I also want to keep in mind that I have been able to keep on task despite this and other disruptions to my preferred habits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

VanderMeer's Wonderbook, Chapter Four: Narrative Design (Continued)

Poem: It Was A Promise