A Writer's Notebook, Day Four-Hundred-And-Thirty-Nine

Today was a very long and difficult day.  In truth, I really just feel like crying right at the moment, but I still managed to do my writing.  While it is not always cathartic, or even relevant to my emotions (sometimes it is, but not always), I do generally feel a bit better after having worked.  This is more about my sense that I've accomplished something, not just existed for another turn around the planet, but did something that I think is contributing to the world, even if it is not yet in the world the way I wish.  On days when life can be extremely hard, it is good to have that feeling of having been involved in something that matters.  To me, creating a poem is an important act.  Engaging in my writing each day is often what makes even a rough day at least feel that it had purpose to it, or, more aptly, that I gave purpose to at least some of my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)